Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sequel~~

I never ever think that studying overseas will be a monumental task, even with the prelude part. I’m proven wrong. This morning, I called the visa application centre to check if my visa has been approved, and the answer was: THEY DID NOT HAVE THE PREROGRATIVE TO TELL. The answer I desperately need to know will ONLY be revealed upon collection. Walah…there’s it. Much more frustrating, the internet hasn’t resumed yet.

There’s much more of depressing things going on besides the sloppy service of Streamyx. One thing I’m dubious about myself is how far my English has fared. The other day, Koko (my big brother) said that I’m using better wordings than his when he chatted with me online, but it appears that I’m still grappling with my vocabulary. The new wordings hardly pinned on my head, which I haven’t found a decent explanation and solution for it. I’m fret and apprehensive.

However, there was still the hilarious part in life which served as a condiment. Last Saturday, I went to a dinner where it was to celebrate the birthday of a centenarian. It was cute from how people had acted. I was referring mainly to my third aunty, whom really had amused me that night. The ‘zhong yi’ had earlier warned her about her diets, where prawns, crabs, squids (those with high cholesterol) were restricted. That night, prawns were in the inclusion of appetizer. Erm...I can’t say the advice was fallen on a deaf ear, because my cute aunty reacted by chanting the advice while eating. Then after the prawns had reached her stomach to be digested, she was some sort of conciliating and justifying her act by mustering:” I rarely ate this; it’s so OK once in a while.” This wasn’t the end of it. She is so pure and straight to her words which are always the point of laughter. Recalling that night, I’m chuckling now. =)

Second thing which was worth to mention that night—the dishes served. I was agape when the ‘yu piao’ was served on the desk. Moreover, unlike the conventional Malaysian Chinese dinner, they served steamed fish. (Usually they served Assam fish or fried fish to conceal the smell of stale). As for dessert, red bean soup was served instead of that gravy sago. Fruits were given as well, in an impressive way, where the plate was studded with local fruits comprising of mangoes, honey-dew, papaya, and watermelon. Attention please, the fruits were M in size rather than an XS one.

After the dessert section, of course it was time to go. =)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A typical Aries, impedous, perky, optimistic, robust..anything you can relate with the horoscope