Sunday, July 20, 2008

Walking the Visa Way

Time just flees unconscientiously. It’s Friday again, 2 days after I went back from my adventurous KL trip. I barely describe a trip as adventurous, especially to a place where I’ve been several times. But I guess sometime a meaningful trip just depends on the purpose of your trip and who is your companion. In this case, Daddy was mine.

So allow me to elaborate a little bit here. I went there mainly for the submission of visa application and it appeared to be a fussy one. Firstly, the security was relentless and ONLY the applicant was allowed to go into the visa office which meant Dad was banned outside instead of assisting me in the process. Nevertheless, the appointed officer was a cute one. Cute enough I would say. Then after completed the submission procedure, we went to acquire the certificate of Good of Conduct. This was the beginning of the adventure compounded with challenge. The application form needed the declaration of people with certain specific criteria to be completed. The first one, a commissioner of oath. It still appeared vividly in my mind how Daddy and I walking around the streets in Petaling Jaya looking for a lawyer with the title. Appallingly, we failed in the first mission. Dad then came up with a solution in finding one of his friends working as a civil servant. Mercifully, we got him on time where he asked his phenomenal boss to lend a helping hand. I seldom give credits to others especially in the form of ‘phenomenal’( instead of competent or good) but the boss was incredibly young for his post. Man, he was just 8 years older than me and yet he was holding a magistrate title?! On top of that, he was really good-looking. =)

Eventually, we completed the monumental task and I was totally racked on Monday.(07/07/08) The other adventurous side was on the method of commuting from one place to another. Unlike the last trip in March, we travelled more by public transportation. Literally, LRT and bus. I could say the only method to experience the real culture and tradition of one country is to walk into the life of the grassroots. Along the journey, I’d seen people from all walks of life, There were housewives, students, elderly, Indian, Malays; whatever you can named it. For me, it was a window opening the faces of Malaysia.
There were actually lots more to share. Nonetheless, the poor and deplorable internet service dampened my ‘omph’. They stopped the service in my house area for nearly 2 weeks in the name of interruption yet receiving fees blatantly. What A SHAME!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A typical Aries, impedous, perky, optimistic, robust..anything you can relate with the horoscope